Managing Director – Now Hiring!
The Muslim Chaplaincy of Toronto is pleased to announce that we are now hiring a Managing Director to join our expanding team. If you are a person who is passionate about community development, fostering safe spaces and engaging Muslim youth then this opportunity is for you! The Muslim Chaplaincy at the University of Toronto is dedicated to providing an inclusive space and sense of community for them to foster a meaningful Muslim identity. The Muslim Chaplaincy enriches and supports students through free quality educational, spiritual and one on one counselling services rooted in relevant Islamic learning.
- Actively engage and energize the Muslim Chaplaincy volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Oversees and reports on the organization’s results for the board of directors.
- Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of the team to ensure appropriate support for all members
- Supports the Executive Director in implementing the Muslim Chaplaincy programming and vision
- Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results
- Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates
Communications and Branding:
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence, social media to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Manages the Muslim Chaplaincy’s calandar of events.
- Organizes and helps plan major Muslim Chaplaincy events including fundraisers and quarterly seminars.
- Leads the team in ensuring that regular and weekly events are planned for and run smoothly.
Managing Director Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Takes initiative
- Works independently
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Management preferred
- 3 or more years of non-profit management experience in an operational environment preferred
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff and volunteers and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships an asset
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
Work Hours and Benefits:
Pay Scale for full-time (35-40 hours/week): ~$40,000- $45,000 (plus bonuses based on incentives, negotiable)
- 8 sick days
- 3 weeks vacation per year
- Additional bonus (subject to certain conditions)
Please email us your resume at email@example.com along with a cover letter that outlines why you’d be the person for this position and what you’d hope to accomplish should you be the Muslim Chaplaincy’s next Managing Director.
***UPDATE: ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON A ROLLING FIRST-COME FIRST SERVE BASIS!***